Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:45:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        wilko@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, Alec Wolman <wolman@cs.washington.edu>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: warning: received processor correctable error message

I did a bit of this kind of stuff for NetBSD-alpha for decoding the logout
frames and reporting errors.

Mostly this stuff is only important for doing SIMM replacement, and as such it
fell to the bottom of my list of important things to do.

But not quite true for the TurboLaser because you have to do some patchups
even for a 670 error because the I/O boards (KTLA, KFTH) can cause such errors
when they fill ram on the memory boards, and the PAL code for any particular
processor hasn't got the smarts or moxie to go out and then do the ECC scrub
it would do if it were the CPU causing the error- or at leat that's my
recollection.