Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 1995 19:38:43 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        gryphon@healer.com
Subject:   Re: known rogue?

As John Fieber wrote:

> > 	st0: Archive Viper 150 is a known rogue

> It means that FreeBSD knows about the quirks of this tape drive
> and how to work around them.  I've never actually researched what
> the quirks are, but I can tell you that the tape drive in
> question works fine.

It's actually perhaps one of the best-supported drives...

The quirks are things like tape drives that do not like some mode
pages, or require the switch to a certain mode page before a
particular operation is started etc.

What problems do you have with the Viper?  I've been using it for
years without trouble (and i've only been replacing it since somebody
else couldn't use the Tandberg i'm using now, but had a better chance
on the Archive).

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/