Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:00:10 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cheap high-speed Internet Access?

Hi,
I  am looking for a cheap high-speed connection and mbone connectivity in
the  San Francisco, Ca. , US area.

I am thinking about getting rid of my ISDN line connection and getting
ADSL . Originally, my ISP was located just a block away however he
was forced to move across town so I lost my Centrex connection .

Basically, a Centrex connection allows your phone line  or ISDN
line to be part of a phone bank. In my case, I was part of my ISP's
ISDN bank and ISDN calls within his phone bank where no metered
by PAC Bell -- total monthly charge from Pac Bell was $30 8)

The cheapest I have been able to price an ADSL connection is $150
for 400/400 Kb/sec . I need 220 Kb/sec or more for mbone stuff.

Currently, we don't have cable modem in San Francisco.

	Tnks!
	Amancio