Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:38:28 +0000
From:      Dave <xtalsinger@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any thoughts on fanless PC from "Cappuccino PC" ?

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:08:28 -0500, you wrote:

>Anyone have any experience with FreeBSD 4.x or 5.x on one of these
>machines?:
>
>	http://www.cappuccinopc.com/solutions/fanless.asp

No, sorry.

>Also, would a computer from London work in America?

Most PSUs are switchable between 220v and 110v but it would be worth
checking.

> The Hush PC's looked
>pretty good.  I think they have different electrical plugs over there,
>that could be a fire hazard.

No, the plugs are not a fire hazard.  Trying to fit it into the wrong type
of socket will probably be fruitless and if successfull almost certainly
would be a fire hazard ;-)  Just cut it off and fit the correct one if you
feel competant to do so, otherwise just buy a local power lead with the
correct plug on it..

Ah...just checked the cappuccino site.  If that's the type of PC you are
thinking of importing from UK to USA you'll almost certainly have to
source an external PSU locally.  The "power bricks" those things use are
not usually switchable between differing local mains supplies.

Another point.  Bear in mind any customs duties on import of goods as well
as any local sales taxes.  I generally find that US prices are lower than
UK prices so importing from UK to USA + taxes may make this prohibitively
expensive compared with buying locally.

>Thanks!

You're welcome

Dave

--
Any speling misteaks are the reult of a bad insallation of mod_spelink.