Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 17:04:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ron Bickers <rbickers@intercenter.net>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BSDI and binary compatibility

We are currently running multiple BSDI 2.1 and FreeBSD 2.1.7 machines.  We
recently received the BSDI 3.0 upgrade and I feel that it's mostly bells
and whistles (most of which I don't want to use anyway).

I've considered switching things to FreeBSD, but we do have a few binary
only products (and I know there are others available) for BSDI.  Does
anyone know how compatible BSDI binaries are with FreeBSD and if the
developers intend to continue compatibility?

Also, any opinions from those that know both BSDI and FreeBSD are welcome
as to the strengths and weakness of each.

---
Ron