Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:25:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Readle <patterner@rocketmail.com>
To:        "Mazen S. Alzogbi" <kblists@mazenalzogbi.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Total newbie: What's after installation?

First thing's first, create a user besides root and use that user to log
in.  The command for this is "adduser".  To find out more about the
command use "man adduser".

Second, once you've created the new user, log in with it and type "startx"
which should bring you into your Gnome interface if it's been installed
correctly.

Third, read the Handbook, live the Handbook, BE the Handbook. :)

chris