Date:      27 Jan 98 13:17:03 +0330
From:      "SIVA SANKARAN" <SSANKARA.IN.oracle.com.ofcmail@in.oracle.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Benchmarks !!

	Hi all,

	I have currently finished porting JDK 114 on FreeBSD. Is there any
standard
benchmark, you guys are adopting for testing the JDK. I ran Caffeine3.0
benchmark ( that is
supposed to be a standard benchmark), and got 210 as the result .
	I ran it on a Pentium 133MHz , 32 MB RAM , FreeBSD-2.2.2 Release .

	What I think is , we will adopt to a standard benchmark(Caffeine is a
good choice) and just compare our port performance. In case you have already
ran these tests, can you send the results, so that we can compare.

	Caffeine3.0 can be downloaded from
 http://www.pendragon-software.com/pendragon/cm3/cmkit.zip

Regards,
Shankar.

"It's trivial to make fun of Microsoft products, but it takes a real
man to make them work, and a god to make them do anything useful

S.SIVA SANKARAN
MEMBER - TECHNICAL STAFF		Telephone: (080) 228-300(4-7),228-3181
ORACLE SOFTWARE INDIA. LTD
7th Floor, Sona Towers
71, Millers Road			Ext  :  1027
BANGALORE - 560 001 			EMail    :ssankara@in.oracle.com