Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 1995 10:59:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        dgy@seagull.rtd.com (Don Yuniskis)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: /usr/share/doc/...

> Greetings!
>     In light of all the talk re: documentation, could someone
> explain why several of the chapters are missing from smm, ps1 and
> usd?  Also, the lack of ps2, etc.?

The missing chapters and/or whole manual(ps2) is due to the fact that
these works are copyright USL and/or AT&T and thus are not distributed
by UCB on the 4.4 Lite tape.

>     Has anyone *really* looked hard to see just how much of this
> could be salvaged?  I know several of the docs need simply ;-)
> to be spruced up, pathnames corrected and newly designed features
> folded in...

A great deal of it can be salvaged, the major work is converting the
Makefiles so they do not depend on the symbolic links that the 4.4 tape
had on them (we don't support symbolic links in the source tree due to
CVS/RCS lacking support for them).