Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:48:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: virtusertable

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Holtor wrote:

> This seems like the easiest and most clean idea so
> far but what should the format of the .aliases file
> be?
>
> If i make it like so:
>
> user1:       user@hotmail.com
> user2:       user@yahoo.com
>
> And I send email to user1@domain.com both user1 and
> user2 still get the e-mail.
>
> Am I missing something? Thanks for all the help!!

	Ahhh, this setup will not work for that.  You need a different
	tool to do what you want...like procmail.  Install procmail, then
	in /etc/mail/virtusertable:

	@domain.com	user

	Then in user's home directory, make a file called .forward.  In it
	put this exact line:

	"|/usr/local/bin/procmail -m .procmailrc"

	In .procmailrc, add rules to inspect the TO: part of the message
	and send it to the appropriate real account.  See procmail help
	for more info.

	Of course, there are other tools to do it as well.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Keep on Routing in a Free World...
  "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!"