Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:08:38 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        imp@village.org
Subject:   workaround for ex breakage works

Hello Warner,
Hello everybody,

If you are looking for confirmation that the workaround for the ex/libc
related world breakage works then here it is: I have just finished
upgrading this way and did not have any problems.

Actually, there is an even simpler way: If you already have started a
buildworld and it has crashed on you then you alrady have libc built under
/usr/obj. So you can just install that, (of course carefully) and than
restart the buildworld with -DNOCLEAN. Will work from that point on.

(Ripped from the underground bestseller: "Forbidden & Obscure ways of
upgrading a FreeBSD system. Don't show this to a committer!")

BTW: When the buildworld crashed, the console was left all hosed. Only
grabage characters were generated, somehow even a break signal was sent (it
surely wasn't me) so it dumped into DDB, but I could not do anything there
either... weird. But maybe just coincidence.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University