Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:34:23 +0200
From:      "Putinas Piliponis" <putinas.piliponis@icnspot.net>
To:        "John Fox" <readbsd@mind.net>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: tcpdump for sniffing POP3 -- methods ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Fox" <readbsd@mind.net>
To: <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 20:03
Subject: tcpdump for sniffing POP3 -- methods ?

> We've got a Windows machine running IMail and authenticating
> POP3 from an NT Primary Domain Controller.
>
> Our plan is to move these users over to our UNIX system, but we
> don't have a record of their passwords.  This means we need to
> either
>
> 1) Grab them out of the files on the PDC. (I think this is
> not possible.)

It's very possible and very easy actually.
Use the program pwdump3 on the pdc and you will get dump suitable
for john the ripper password cracker. after a while you will have all the
passwords. ( or as well cain, Lopht cracker or any other )
and your method two probably is more complex, because if its using
authentification mechanism on domain - they are not plain passwords as well