Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 23:33:39 -0400
From:      Marca Registrada <inf@nyef.res.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: suid/sgid programs

Quoting Karl Denninger (karl@mcs.net):
> Look at how System V "lp" handled this.  Either you make the file
> world-readable, or lp copied it (you had to tell it to do the second).

Couldn't lpr figure this out for you.. or at least ask if you would like
to make a (possibly interceptable) copy of the non-world-readable file for
the paranoid/

 Any comments on LPRng?  I don't print much anymore, so I havn't used it
in ages, but from wht I remember it passes data through sockets rahter
tahn through passing files.. far more secure.

--

   - All we hear is internet gaagaa, internet googoo, internet gaagaa