Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:22:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   anyone seen this? Makes system unbooable.

I upgraded by cvs on saturday night,
Sunday I didn't use it.
Monday I tried to boot it. but the loader says:
ASSERT <mumble>
and the system reboots

I'd LOVE to know wha the assert is but really My opical neurons take at
least 20mSecs to fire and by the time I've found the Asssert line
I'm already running on afterimage.

How about adding a sleep after the Assert write  so that it can actually
be read?

In the meanwhile does anyone know what the problem might be..
I'm recvsuping (I had to boot off a cdrom) and will recompile the
bootblocks, but some idea of the problem might be nice..

Julian