Date:      Fri, 09 Oct 1998 08:21:18 +0100
From:      Dom Mitchell <dom@phmit.demon.co.uk>
To:        francisco@natserv.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommendations on updating /etc for -stable

On 8 October 1998, Francisco Reyes proclaimed:
> I am seeking suggestions on how to best update /etc/ while tracking stable.
> Any scripts someone has found useful?

I find that a little script to descend over /etc and run ident over
that and it's equivalent in /usr/src/etc works wonders.  Then I
use Emacs' ediff mode to update any out of date files in question.
It's not the most efficient solution (in terms of your time), but
it works pretty well.
--
Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator
"Xerox studies suggest that most people print out electronic mail