Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 21:38:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Bradley Kite <bradley@deathsgate.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, reiserfs-list@namesys.com, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [reiserfs-list] Re: Reiserfs on Freebsd

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Bradley Kite wrote:

> The reason is convenience (dont want to have to reboot every time I need
> that 2k file in Linux) - you may well ask why FreeBSD supports NTFS + FAT
>
> > Why?  Softupdates does a better job than logging does. :)
> [snip]
> > Your assumptions are correct however your belief that it's a simple
> > task may be a mistake. :)
>
> And also it will teach me a lot about both Linux + FreeBSD kernel
> internals

Unfortunately, it's probably one of those tasks where you want to go in
knowing those things, too :-).

Suffice to say that, despite Alfred's skepticism, there probably is
interest in this in the FreeBSD community, although perhaps not for the
reasons you cite.  I personally would be interested in seeing the full
data journalling for reliability in some environments.

I won't discourage you from giving it a spin, of course :-)