Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 08:04:13 +0200
From:      Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@over.net>
To:        David Ramahefason <rama@easynet.fr>
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: G703 anyone ??

At 06:08 PM 7/10/98 +0200, David Ramahefason wrote:
>no :), What I'd like is to plug the line into my FBSD box,
>via an ETINC or Riscom card.
>We're using several here, but only for 2Mbs connections...
>and the G703 is new for me and I don't know anything about
>this... I see that there was some small boxes that could do
>the stuff (plugging the G703 --> convert to X21). That's what
>I'm looking for...
Try RAD FCD-2. From their page
(http://www.rad.co.il/products/family/digserv/fcd-2/fcd-2.htm):

Fractional E1 (CEPT) Rate and Interface Converter
Available with or without LTU
V.35, X.21 or V.36/RS-530 interface
Selectable data rates: n x 56 or n x 64 kbps, synchronous
Selectable 2 or 16 frames per multiframe with CRC-4 support
Multiple clock source selection for both E1 and user ports
Setup, control and monitoring via front panel or supervisory port
Complies with CCITT G.703, G.704 and G.732
Can be used also as a short range modem

----
At my previous job we used it to connect cisco box to ISP in USA. Nothing
else helped and setting it up is really easy if you have all the needed
details (which you should have anyway).

Tomaz
----
Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@over.net>
"Love is the answer to the final question you ask" - Unknown