Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:19:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -question on -doc

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Jason C. Wells wrote:

> What are we trying to accomplish? Are we trying to make absolutuley
> certain that people don't write to the "sacred" technical lists? Or are we
> trying to make it clear where is the proper place to write?

We're trying to make it clear that -net is not for questions about ppp and
'how to make a network', that -security is not where to ask how to change
your password, and that -multimedia is not where to ask about your sound
card.

- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -