Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:59:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        gavin@ury.york.ac.uk
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop hangs with recent kernel

In message: <Pine.BSF.4.33.0206272153020.62915-200000@ury.york.ac.uk>
            Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk> writes:
: I'm going to try backing out the recent pcmcia changes (as it has a topic
: chipset) unless anyone can suggest anything else. However the hang is
: random, so it may be hard to know if the back-out it fixes it.

It is as good a place to start as any.  I'd really like to know if it
hurts you or helps you because so far it has helped all the laptops
I've tried it on.

i've noticed random panics in more recent kernels, but haven't been
able to take a crash dump for reasons unknown. :-(

Warner