Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:16:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Paul English <penglish@hydro.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Asus a7n266-vm

I'm having one heck of a time getting FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE to work on one
of these motherboards. It includes the integrated NVidia NForce chipset
with built in Realtek 10/100 lan and Geforce2MX graphics.

The network card simply doesn't show up anywhere. That is not the end of
the world since I have an extra card around, but I'd prefer not to use it
if I didn't have to. The manual says that the card is a realtek 8201L,
which is supposedly supported by 4.6-RELEASE onwards according to messages
in the archives.

I can't get XFree86 working either - it actually freezes the machine to
try and start X. The nforce integrated graphics were supported in the
XFree86 4.2 release which is included in FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE>

Any hints appreciated,
Paul