Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 1999 14:04:56 -0700
From:      Steve <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Voxware

I have an AOpen AW35 Pro that the pcm driver detects and uses just
fine. But I want to use the soundcard with some games, which the
voxware driver seems better suited for (mmap, etc).

Does anyone have a CS4237-based card working 16-bit with the voxware
driver? I can get it to work as sb0 doing 8-bit sound, but when I
compile a kernel with the css0 or mss0 device instead it is not
detected at boot time.

My intention is to play q3test (among other things) with sound.

OS is FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE. I've tried both mss0 and css0 using port
0x534 irq 5 and drq 1, which seems to match what's in pnpinfo.