Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 19:58:11 +0200
From:      "Leif Neland" <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: i4b log with names not numbers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ignatios Souvatzis" <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
To: "Rene Lange" <rine@schwarz.thueday.de>
Cc: <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 6:40 PM

> On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 05:50:38PM +0200, Rene Lange wrote:
> > hi *,
> >
> > is it possible that names are shown in the logfile not numbers? e.g. by
> > creating a file with numbers->names mapping ...
>
> Like /etc/isdn/isdntel.alias ? Hm, I think it is configurable nowadays:
>
>              aliasing     If this parameter is set to on, alias processing of
>                           telephone-number to name is enabled (see also the
>                           aliasfile keyword below). The default is off. (op-
>                           tional)
>
>              aliasfile    Specifies the name of the telephone number-to-name
>                           alias database file shared with the isdntel(8) util-
>                           ity when alias processing is enabled via the
>                           aliasing keyword. (optional)

It is possible to go further than that.
I send isdnd's logfile through a script, which parses it and get the sender and reciever (Me and my wife have differens MSN numbers. One is reserved for the kids too, and one for fax)

If the incoming number is not known, i call a script, which makes a lookup on the phonecompany's webpage, parses the html and returns the name and adress.
This is entered into a mysql table.

The caller, callee and time is entered into another table.

I then do a query in the database, which returns the name and the last 10 calls this person has made to us.
This is sent both by email to our accounts at work, and by sms to our cellphones.

A webpage on my server at home shows the last 25 calls with name, number and time.

The next project is to lookup the number in the membership database for the riding club, and if it's a member, show the current balance due.

If the decision for i4b to answer the call could be spawned to an external program, one could even offer voice mailboxes. Or interface it to festival voice synthesis.
"Hello member 184, Jane Petersen.Your lessons are scheduled to mondays at 17. Your balance due is 350 kr. Press 1 to reschedule, 2 to cancel. Press 0 to leave a message."

Leif