Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2019 07:02:04 -0500
From:      Tom Limoncelli <tal@whatexit.org>
To:        Christian Barthel <bch@online.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: siginfo_t content

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 4:50 AM Christian Barthel <bch@online.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am interested in the historical development of the siginfo_t
> record.  I hope, this is the correct mailinglist and there are
> still readers on it.

The historical development of siginfo_t is actually quite interesting. I'm
glad you asked.

siginfo_t was born in Riverside, Iowa, in the year 1983, where he was
raised by his parents, procinfo_t and fsinfo_t.  siginfo_t learned to read
at a very early age.  His teachers considered him to be exceptionally
smart, though he was considered very impatient as he was fond of
interrupting people.

After high school he attended UC Berkeley, where he majored in computer
science with an emphasis on operating systems. He interned at Bell Labs two
summers.  His began graduate studies at Stanford but didn't complete his
degree, after a series of contentious disagreements with his instructors.
He was always faulting instructors, and eventually the university signaled
that he was done.

siginfo_t currently works at a startup in California.

Tom

--
Email: tal@whatexit.org    Work: tlimoncelli@StackOverflow.com
Blog:  http://EverythingSysadmin.com/