Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 11:33:58 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISO image for 3.2-RELEASE?

John Chia wrote in list.freebsd-stable:
 > I remember someone posting a url to a cd image of freebsd-3.x, is this
 > still available?

We have two "bare bones" CD images of 3.2-Release at
ftp7.de.freebsd.org.  They contain just the release,
XFree86 and the live filesystem, but no packages or
distfiles.  They're useful if you need to install the
system from CD, and everything else can be installed
from the net.

However, I recommend that you buy the CD-ROM set from
Walnut Creek.  You will get a complete set including
packages and everything, so you don't have to load
your favourite apps from the net.  And last but not
least, you support the FreeBSD project this way.

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  If you download the CD images, I'd suggest that
you make a donation to the FreeBSD project (there's
a form for that at www.freebsdmall.com).

PPS:  Our FTP server at ftp7.de is currently a bit
crowded, because of the recent release of StarOffice
5.1, so it might be a bit difficult to get into the
site, and it is probably a bit slow.  I'm sorry for
that, but we have neither wcarchive's hardware nor
its connectivity.  ;-)   (Note: the server supports
"reget", in case the download is interrupted.)

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)