Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2021 12:22:08 +0100
From:      Ruben van Staveren <ruben@verweg.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 13.0 RC1 UEFI RAID-10 boot problems under VMware Fusion

To continue on the subject of UEFI booting weirdness

> On 9 Mar 2021, at 16:57, Ruben van Staveren <ruben@verweg.com> wrote:
>=20
> If I press escape and end up in VMWare=E2=80=99s UEFI setup screen I can b=
oot from any ada*p1 drive and continue as normal.=20
> Is UEFI with OpenZFS too new, or is this an issue in VMWare?

I got an off list tip to see whether this was also the case in bhyve, so I a=
lso created the setup in there, using UEFI boot, and no problems even with t=
he special/log/cache NVMe vdevs attached to the pool.

So I=E2=80=99m starting to wonder whether the loader  / VMware UEFI firmware=
 (??) interaction is a bug in VMware or an edge case that needs to be suppor=
ted too.

Btw, bhyve is looking nice these days!

Cheers,=09
    Ruben