Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 1995 11:55:21 -0400
From:      dennis@et.htp.com (dennis)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: ISDN Anyone - How about Sync?

>Apparently, "Amancio Hasty Jr." scribbled:
>>  > > I wonder what are the issues to have support for something like the
>>  > > Intel ISDN 128kb card?
>>  >
>>  > Having ISDN to test it with.
>>  >
>>  > > Looks to me that people are allergic to writing ISDN drivers for U.S.
>>  > > ISDN cards :)
>>  >
>>  > Looks like the people who would be willing to do it (like me) don't have
>>  > ISDN available in their area.
>>  >

>> Perhaps, you can write a driver and have someone else test it for you.

There's been much discussion about high speed async and ISDN TAs. One of the
better ways to get the most out of a 128k connection and ISDN in general is
using a smart sync card with V.25bis dialing (which is sync dialing). If
you're not comfortable with RS-232 at 128kbs there's V.35. We have an old
V.25bis test module lying around somewhere....  If someone wants to work
with me on this type of access I'd be willing to provide hardware and
resources. Without V.25bis, It should work pretty much out of the box on a
single dest auto-dial scenario.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.