Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:16:30 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        phk@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Somebody: port this: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=7231

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:39:22 -0800
Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:

> "The tool costs $699 and Intel said it will be available in February."
>
> That would make it somewhat difficult, no?

lang/icc also does cost money, but Intel has a "free for non-commercial
use" license for it.

If Intel also offers vtune with such a license (I doubt it), I will have
a look at it.

Intel is also responsive to bug reports/feature requests when you
specify FreeBSD as the operating system icc runs on, so I'm sure we can
push vtune into a state where we can use it on FreeBSD.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler