Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:23:16 -0500
From:      shadowfx <shadowfx@concentric.net>
To:        Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Bazaar part II

> oh, the one other thing, Marc suggested we go into advoacting in the
> embedded market, where our licensing allows much more freedom.

I've heard similar opinions elsewhere.  What I really love about
free-bsd (asside from the fact that it is a true UNIX, has vnodes
and etc.) is how well organized the build tree is.   Linux is such
a mess.  And even Red Hat looks all bits and pieces.  Does it do
dependancies?  If so, you have to work at it.  What a pain!

Ahh, the beauty of FreeBSD.   The obvious works!   I go to the location
of the product I wish to install.  I insert a tarball CD if I have one.
I type make.   And voila--I'm Alfred E. Newman.  It's a piece of cake.

So why should I bother with some fancy-schmancy (rather expensive
looking) and not very unix looking red-hat os, when I can have:  The
Pure, the Tested,  The "I don't cost you a disk partition every time you
want to add more than 135M of swap" Operating sysem, Chuck-ee's in Love,
MR. FreeBSD!!!   : )

(I'm not an advocate... do I look like an advocate..?   8 }

John Barnes