Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 14:09:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: system config database...

About 90% of what has to get done at startup is
a simple invocation with dependancies and order
being the only constraints. These can be encapsulated
in a configuration. There are a few things that are
too arbitrary, mostly cleanup stuff like ptmp, and vi -r.
Those things seem better in their own scripts, no?

For these purposes, the meta-file could call
a script just as easily as anything else.

Dan

--
danj@3skel.com
Dan Janowski