Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 23:15:36 +0000 (WET)
From:      freebsd@bug.fe.up.pt
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD stability

This may sound a bit out of topic but I was browsing
the pages of other Unix clone and they point out that
their main development machine (delivers 100,000
e-mails per day, hosts the master FTP site which is
accessed by the mirrors every day and is the "home"
system for their 200 developers that compile,
upload and download software) has been up for
three months.

They also tell the reader that another machine
running the same Unix clone had been up for 458 days.

I think that FreeBSD could have more fans (read users)
if a survey was made (mainly for the ISPs running
FreeBSD) stating the pros and cons of FreeBSD running
under heavy load conditions (like wcarchive.cdrom.com).

Thanks for reading,
				Jorge

--
\\ Nobody can be exactly like me.  \\ Jorge Miguel Goncalves
\\ Sometimes even I have trouble   \\