Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 19:34:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Steve Heistand <heistand@heistand.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: have a couple of problems.

:Hi,
:
:ok so I am having a couple of problems.
:
:The first is that I get tons of "sio0: x more silo overflows" messages when I
:boot an SMP enabled kernel under the latest 5.0 source.  Well as of friday I
:re'cvs-upped.
:
:I can get rid of these by not booting an SMP kernel but then I get really
:freaky
:X stuff happening.  My screen gets all wavy when there is a bunch of stuff
:being sent out of the video card.  Which is really annoying and causes
:headaches.
:
:Anyone else having the X problem?  I have seen mention and potential fixes for
:the
:silo overflow problems but it hasnt made it into the current source yet.
:
:thanks
:
:steve
:
:Steve Heistand
:heistand@heistand.org

    Steve, please try the patch that Bruce posted a few days ago and tell
    us if that fixes your problem too.  The patch will almost certainly go
    in in some form, it hasn't yet only because I wanted a little time to
    be able to trace out the interrupt path to make sure the patch was ok.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>