Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:03:48 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        brian@worldcontrol.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: John Dyson falls from grace?

> and twisted joke. Hes got the right to quit the project, its just rather a
> surprise, since the last thing i saw from him was that he was holding off
> his latest SMP commits till he could go back to the drawing board on them.

Those will be taken up by others, don't worry - it's not like anything
he was ever involved with is simply going to fade away without a
murmur.  And as to why this seems so sudden, I can only say that we've
been discussing this in core for several days now we simply wanted to
avoid any public announcement until all the facts were nailed down.
I'm sorry if this has taken people by complete surprise, but I imagine
that you can also understand why we'd want to proceed very
methodically with something like this and it simply hasn't been
appropriate to raise the issue publically until now (and like I said
before, I'd have preferred to wait even another day, but didn't count
on people noticing the fact that John had removed these files from his
account so soon).

But heck, why not have that drink anyway? :)

- Jordan