Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:23:56 -0700
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@bitfrost.no>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xhci on Intel Lynx Point still broke

On Oct 16, 2013, at 10:53 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Is the problem fixed if you set:
>=20
> hw.usb.xhci.xhci_port_route=3D-1
>=20
> in /boot/loader.conf

No, no change in (lack of) functionality.

I uploaded these bootverbose-enabled dmesg outputs:

With XHCI Mode =3D Disabled in BIOS (reverts ports to EHCI control):

http://people.freebsd.org/~dwhite/dmesg.xhci_off_in_bios.20131017

With XHCI Mode =3D Enabled in BIOS and with tunable =
hw.usb.xhci.xhci_port_route=3D-1 set:

http://people.freebsd.org/~dwhite/dmesg.xhci_on.with_routing.20131017

> XHCI is a more high-level controller, and I suspect that the makers =
have added some propritary glue to switch ports back and forth between =
XHCI and EHCI which is not documented anywhere.

On the first board (X10SLM-F), XHCI Mode is a BIOS setting and affects =
all USB ports. I haven't experimented with settings on the Atom yet. The =
Atom uses a Renesas chip for its USB ports, though, and no USB from the =
SoC itself, that I can tell.