Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:11:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Diane Bruce <db@db.net>
To:        "PSI, Mike Smith" <mlsmith@mitre.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oh my god, Google has a USENET archive going back to 1981!

PSI, Mike Smith says:
> Those of you out there whose memories include CHANGING diapers not
> WEARING them might appreciate this.
>
> At the Smithsonian they have an exhibit on the history of computers.
>
> What's pathetic is that my wife (who is also in this field) and I walked
> down the ENTIRE line going "used it, programmed it, programmed it, used

  We have the Science and Tech museum here in Ottawa. No its not as
large, but it also has a computer museum. (http://www.science-tech.nmstc.ca/)
But I had the same sad experience. I almost wanted to jump the rope to
load the bootloader into a PDP-8...

> If you don't know what a .ovl extension represents and have never
> patched Wordstar, I'm sure this message has no meaning to you. Oh to be
> young again.

  I never did Z-80 and CP/M but that reminds me of a PDP-11 RT-11 overlay
file.

--
Diane Bruce, http://www.db.net/~db db@db.net
--- I got bored with the last witty aphorism.