Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 06:40:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Networking)
Subject:   ep OACTIVE problem. help please

	I have a hP Vectra 486/33 with 2 4COM cards in it that I have been
	using for a gateway between 2 networks for about a month now. yesterday
	I started trying to use amanda across this gateway. It would go fine
	for a while and then hang.

	Debuging revelaed that one of the cards had changed it's flags as read
	with ifconfig. It had added the flag OACTIVE. A simple ifconfig down
	ep1 and ifconfig up ep1 wouyld restore this card to normal operation.
	No packets were being sent out this card while the OACTIVE flag was
	set.

	The ep man page does not give me a clue as to what this flag means.
	Could some kind soul tell me what this flag means?

	Also any advice as to why this is hapeneing woudl be appreciated. The
	2computers doing the manda exchange are both fairly fas (PII/350
	FreeBSD machine and  HP B1000). 3.4 STABLE if it matters.

	Thanks for any help on this. I need to get this fixed ASAP.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems