Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 1996 12:15:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        geoff@ginsu.com (Geoff Wells)
Cc:        monboso@masternet.it, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'd like Samba

> I agree.  I've been having problems as well and the documentation doesn't
> seem to be up to par.  Although I don't think this is the place for the
> discussion (but I don't know where the right place is either ;).
>
> I've been trying to get my system working as well ( WFW 3.11 client with
> FreeBSD 2.1 server)  I can mount any publicly available drive but
> something like /home just doesn't work.  I can't seem to get the password
> authentication working.  Something I did notice is that public drives get
> mounted as noboby ( ie GID, UID = 65535, 65535 ).  This might explain why
> I can never get the right password.
>
> Another thing I can't get right is the name service.  I just can't seem
> to manage a browsable network.  All I get it "Network unavailable".  :(
>
> If this discussion belongs in another group please tell me the list.  If
> you have any idea what is going on, even better.

This discussion is probably better suited to the Samba mailing list.

Samba could use a good "administrative walk-through" program for
configuration or reconfiguration of Samba.

Personally, I'd prefer a flat top-down grammar, but it isn't quite
suitable for the way they handle their config files.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.