Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 06:07:45 -0800
From:      "Joel M. Baldwin" <qumqats@outel.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bad ACPL asl's on motherboards

I gather that there are quite a few Motherboards with bad ACPI asl's
on them.  I know that my Abit BP6 sure has problems.  As a result I
can't run ACPI.

What are those of us with these motherboards supposed to to?

I realize that we can use acpidump to get the asl, correct it,
and then recompile it using iasl from the acpicatools port, to
generate the aml that can be used during boot.

acpi_dsdt_load="YES"            # DSDT Overriding
acpi_dsdt_name="/boot/abitBP6.aml"
                                # Override DSDT in BIOS by this file

But this doesn't help me much since I don't know what corrections to
make to the original asl file.  Nor does it help the other people
out there using BP6's.

Is someone going to create a asl erratica web page?
How about something to help us correct our asl files like a FAQ?