Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:00:35 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        "Tony Williams" <twilliams_62@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question on PPPoE

We put the session ID in the protocol so that you could support
multiple simultanous PPP sessions from the same host over a
single Ethernet (bridged ethernet over DSL in most cases) to
the session concentrator platform.

Imagine one PPP session for Internet access; perhaps another for
some corporate telework sort of thing.  I don't know of anyone
that actually has deployed services which have taken advantage of
this, but we didn't want to preclude that sort of use.

Louis Mamakos