Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 01:10:49 -0700
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@rush.aero.org>
To:        "Christian" <PLAZAS_CHRISTIAN@colstate.edu>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless Internet

> Has anyone else seen this?
> http://insat.zoneit.com
>
> What do ya'll think, is it worth it?

	It's caused a considerable stir around these parts.  We're trying
to figure out how they could be a fake (as in, the deposit on a board will
buy a lot of margaritas in Playa del Carmen).  It looks legit.  I asked
them a) howcum they can do 128Kb when CDPD normally tops out at 9600, and
b) howcum so cheep when CDPD is so usurious?

	They replied, very promptly, that a) they bond several 19.2Kb
raw CDPD (9600 is with ECC) together, and b) the CDPD carriers, despite
their rate structures, are desperate for traffic right now and were happy
to sign these folks up for deeply discounted bulk rates.

	Could be real, folks.