Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 16:47:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Udo Wolter <udo.wolter@charite.de>
To:        Juha.Nurmela@quicknet.inet.fi
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FXTV missing channels

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Juha Nurmela wrote:

> Could it be that the local oscillator fails to lock with
> those (rather unusual) frequencies ?
> If You get no better advice, try lowering the (hardcoded)
> bandswitch point (160 MHz to 146) in /sys/pci/brooktree.c
> function tv_freq(). If it helps, please tell to the list.

Ok, I'll try this.

> Can you watch channels from the low band (like 45 or 62 MHz)

No problem. I have 2 of 3 channels (the 45 and 62 but there's no
55, I really don't know if some channel should be there...)

> or from the high band (like 500 MHz or more) ?

My Video-Recorder uses 570 and it works. It's not very good quality
but it's ok.

> If yes, the the bandswitching probably works, but the exact
> thresholds can be picky.

I tried the exact frequencies upto .1 MHz in these areas (between 140
and 160 MHz).

Bye,
	Udo
--