Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 10:29:42 -0800
From:      Kirk Brogdon <kirk@alaptech.com>
To:        Johan Pettersson <pettersson.johan@spray.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail to win98 question

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 10:13:01AM +0200, Johan Pettersson wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Kirk Brogdon wrote:
>
> > I need to know the best way to get a win 98 box with netscape to retrieve
> > from my 4.1 box (besides blowing it away and installing freebsd).  Sendmail
> > and dns are working fine now (finally) but I need the win98 boxes to
> > retrieve from both the fbsd box and my isp's mail account (imap).
> >

> You need a POP3 daemon (qpopper, cucipop, ..) on the fbsdbox.
>
> Johan

Is there an imap daemon available?  Netscape will allow
multiple imap servers but only one pop3 (at least from what
I can tell).  I need to be able to access both accounts for the time
being.  There is some imap stuff in the ports but I didn't
want to install anything that might hose up sendmail.

Thanks for the help and apologies for my ignorance/laziness.

Kirk