Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:08:31 -0500
From:      jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [ZFS] sharenfs stable/7 # !!! DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE MANUALLY !!!

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:14, ticso@ wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 06:29:44PM -0500, jhell wrote:
>>
>> Hi FS,
>>
>> After exporting some filesystems from zfs via sharenfs I decided to turn
>> the shares back off after I was done with them on another machine. To my
>> surprise the datasets that I had shared previously were still shared.
>>
>> FreeBSD 7.3-STABLE #0 r204486 Sun Feb 28 19:42:46 EST 2010
>>
>> Process:
>>
>> # This command adds the share through nfs in /etc/zfs/exports
>> zfs set sharenfs='-maproot=0 disbatch' exports/svn
>>
>> bla bla bla after using them for a little while:
>>
>> # This command should turn off the nfs share and remove the line from
>> # /etc/zfs/exports and signal mountd or whatever.
>> zfs set sharenfs=off exports/svn
>>
>> Low and behold this line is never removed the share and continues even
>> through a reboot all while sharenfs=off on the dataset. No no other
>> datasets are shared at this time.
>>
>> The line in /etc/zfs/exports changes just fine when changing the options
>> via "zfs set sharenfs".
>>
>> I also removed /etc/zfs/exports and repeated the process. It still
>> continued.
>>
>> Should a PR be filed ?, Can someone take a look at this ?.
>
> This reminds me that my mountd complains about a zfs-export line.
> The given filesystem doesn't exist anymore.

Yeah this one stumped me right away when I went back to double check
whether the mount was still available and found out it still existed in
the zfs/exports file.

Somewhere between the upgrade to v13 from v6 this was broken because I
very clearly remember this functionality working.

I haven't checked yet whether setting sharenfs on multiple fs's and then
manually editing the exports file would do yet but I suppose its not going
to be good.

Hope this is fixed SOON.

--

  jhell