Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:23:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@ns1.cioe.com>
Cc:        dhw@whistle.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 and /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.additions

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Steve Ames wrote:

> > A .cf generated from the 8.9.1-supplied .m4 & .mc files will deny
> > relaying by default.
>
> Sure but it doesn't support the extra databases that block known spam
> sites or utilize the realtime blackhole list.

Then add the two appropriate lines to the .mc file, since both features
have been added to the mc files for 8.9.1. (though you need some patches
from www.sendmail.org if you want to use access.db to override the RBL).

Here's our .mc file.

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)generic-bsd4.4.mc        8.7 (Berkeley) 5/19/98')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
RELAY_DOMAIN_FILE(/etc/mail/sendmail.cr)dnl
FEATURE(rbl)dnl
FEATURE(access_db)dnl
FEATURE(virtusertable)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

This means that we will relay from IP addresses/networks listed in
/etc/mail/access.db or to domains listed in /etc/sendmail.cw or
/etc/mail/sendmail.cr.

We will not accept email from anything in the RBL or any domain/IP address
listed in /etc/mail/access.db as REJECT.

It's all rather flexible, really.