Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:25:53 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Michael Slater <mikey@iexpress.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support Blues

Michael Slater wrote:

> Hi,
>    After yet another relentless day providing phone support to one
> clueless idiot after another, i was wondering if anyone had ever attemtped
> the document cases of overworked and frustrated tech support staff blowing
> their brains out after having to put up with "My Computer's broken.. It
> says the pipeline burst" or It worked fine at XYZ ISP, what's wrong with
> your service".. Some of the !@#$ we hear on a day to day basis is nothing
> short of ridiculous.. Makes me wonder why some people buy a computer at
> all.

This isnt' really related to FreeBSD, but if it's any consilation - your not
alone... We don't expect our users to be computer experts, but we do expect
them not to fall for the 'plug and play' attitude rammed down their throats by
the Industry & MS etc. Maybe we're expecting too much? Maybe the industry had
better hurry up and delivery today what it promised yesterday :-)

Maybe we should start an ISP mailing list? (i.e. seperate from FreeBSD :-)

-Kp