Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 23:45:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   syscons.c Mode X handling

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a thing about VGA
programming, but, unless I'm wrong, there is definately something awry
in this bit of code, from syscons.c:set_mode, in case M_VGA_MODEX,
line 4055.  This could be perfectly harmless, but
special_modetable[10+0x11] gets set twice before anything is done with
it.  (special_modetable is a normal char array on the stack.)

Anybody know what's going on here?  This isn't anything that's
important to my work, I just came across it while going over the
mode-switching code, and it looks funny.

	/* set 240 lines */
	special_modetable[10+0x11] = 0x2c;
	special_modetable[10+0x06] = 0x0d;
	special_modetable[10+0x07] = 0x3e;