Date:      14 Jan 2003 22:27:24 +0100
From:      Stefan Schmidt <stefan.schmidt@stadtbuch.de>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        Khairil Yusof <khairil_yusof@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Problem with netbeans

Hi,

> Netbeans runs fine on 4-stable at work but not at home on 5.0RC, I get
> these errors when running runide.sh
>
> daemon# ./runide.sh=20
> expr: illegal option -- J
> usage: expr [-e] expression
> expr: illegal option -- J
> usage: expr [-e] expression
> expr: illegal option -- J
> usage: expr [-e] expression
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:=20

expr(1)'s behavior changed from between FreeBSD 4.x and 5.0.
check the manpage of expr(1) for details.

quick solution (without changing runide.sh): set the environment
variable EXPR_COMPAT prior to running runide.sh.

btw, a while back I've submitted a "netbeans-ide" port (PR/44275).
I'll add an fix for this expr(1) problem. Is anyone interested in
committing this port to CVS?

stefan

--
Stefan Schmidt <stefan.schmidt@stadtbuch.de>