Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:03:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan W. Maxwell" <bryanm@ecst.csuchico.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Serial Line Communications

Hi guys im back. Well i think i have taken care of the routing and such. I
setup the local rl0(ethernet card) to 192.168.2.1 and in the hosts file i
setup a slip-gateway as 192.168.2.2. This allowed me to use the command
arp -s slip-gateway auto pub. This allowed me to ping the 192.168.2.2 side
of my slip-gateway which is setup like this. slattach -h -l -s
19200 /dev/cuaa0   ifconfig 192.168.2.2 192.168.2.3 up This is a serial
line connection to a pic micro controller. Ive run the TD and RD through an
oscilloscope and dont seem to be getting anything out of them when i try to
ping 192.168.2.3. Anyone have some good hardware/software tests i can try.
I have two computers with bsd so i was thinkin maybe a serial line between
them, any ideas on how to set that up? Thanks in advance, i know this is a
huge open question to answer but any help would be much appreciated. Thank
you.
Bryan