Date:      Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:46:42 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Karli_Sj=F6berg?= <Karli.Sjoberg@slu.se>
To:        "fs@freebsd.org" <fs@freebsd.org>, Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>, "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Consistant panics trying to access zfs filesystems replicated from Sun/Oracle appliance

Hi,

the zfs send/recv is now complete and instead facing a more severe problem.=
 If I have any of the replicated filesystems mounted and try to go anywhere=
 near them somehow, the systems panics, and it=B4s the exact same panic as =
before. Any attempt to cd, ls, whatever and it panics immediately. The syst=
em can be stable and up for weeks with all filesystems on zfs, including ro=
ot, but as soon as I mount any of replicated filesystems and try to access =
them, blam!

Any suggestions?

Best Regards
Karli Sj=F6berg

Hi,

I=B4m in the process of vacating a Sun/Oracle system to a another Supermicr=
o/FreeBSD system, doing zfs send/recv between. Two times now, the system ha=
s panicked while not doing anything at all, and it=B4s throwing alot of SCS=
I/CAM-related errors while doing IO-intensive operations, like send/recv, r=
esilver, and zpool has sometimes reported read/write errors on the hard dri=
ves. Best part is that the errors in messages are about all hard drives at =
one time or another, and they are connected with separate cables, controlle=
rs and caddies. Specs:

HW:
1x  Supermicro X8SIL-F
2x  Supermicro AOC-USAS2-L8i
2x  Supermicro CSE-M35T-1B
1x  Intel Core i5 650 3,2GHz
4x  2GB 1333MHZ DDR3 ECC UDIMM
10x SAMSUNG HD204UI (in a raidz2 zpool)
1x  OCZ Vertex 3 240GB (L2ARC)

SW:
# uname -a
FreeBSD server 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #0: Mon Oct 10 09:12:25 UTC 20=
11     root@server:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
# zpool get version pool1
NAME   PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
pool1  version   28       default[/CODE]

I got the panic from the IPMI KVM:
http://i55.tinypic.com/synpzk.png