Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 1997 19:33:48 -0600
From:      Pamela Fogle <rfogle@ionet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rfogle@ultra2.ionet.net
Subject:   help!@#

I was in the process of dumping my linux system in favor for a FreeBSD
box when it all came to an abrupt halt.
  I downloaded boot.flp from your site.  I used normal ftp (not
netscape) and ensured it was a binary transfer.  I have win95 on my
system (for other household inhabitants to use) and I used rawrite.exe
through straight DOS.  I've tried the entire process many times, and I
always get this error when I try to boot from the install floppy:

BIOS Basemem(639k) != RTC Basemem(640k)

FATAL TRAP 12: page fault while in kernel mode

Fault Virtual Address:  0xcc
Fault Code: supervisor read, page not present
Instructor Pointer: 0x8:0xf019e3de
Code Segment: base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b, DPL 0, pres 1,
              def 321, gran 1
Processor Flags: resume, IOPL=0
Current Proc: 0()
Interupt Mask: net tty bio
Panic: page fault

OK, here's some specs on my puter:

  1.  486dx2/50, 16meg Ram, 8k l1 cache, 0k l2 cache
  2.  Make: Acer  Model: AcerAcros model #91.41301.949
  3.  PS/2 mouse, on-board VGA

If you need any more info, I'll do my best to supply it to you..  Please
help, the future of a Linux convert hangs in the balance.. :)

			Thank you,

			Richard N. Fogle
			rfogle@mail.ionet.net