Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:47:37 +0200
From:      "Dave Wilson" <davew@sai.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, <sendmail-questions@sendmail.org>
Subject:   Redelivering delivered mail

Hi guys, howzit going ?

We are in the process of moving all our mail accounts (800 accounts) off a
FreeBSD4.0 box to a new mailserver.
Is there a way to redeliver the mail that has already been written to
/var/mail/$user ?
In other words user@mydomain.com has all his mail waiting in /var/mail/user
to be collected, now what we want to do is change the MX for mydomain.com
and point it to the new mail server and somehow forward all his mail from
/var/mail/user to the new mail server ?
Obviously we could log in as each user, retrieve his/her mail and then
forward it but that would be a bit heavy for 800 accounts ;-)

Any ideas ?

Regards
Dave Wilson
The S.A. Internet
(033) 3456777
0825496159
http://www.sai.co.za
 "Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard drive ?"