Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 2000 01:36:16 -0400
From:      Kenn Martin <kmartin@infoteam.com>
To:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: webmail?

On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 01:22:24AM +0200, John Angelmo wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm setting up a mailserver for myself and some friends.
> And now I want to put up a webmail"server" so what do you recomend that
> is free? and if there is someone goot that costs I can max spend 200$

TWIG, http://twig.screwdriver.net/

It is also free, but has many more features than IMP.

Ours runs on a FreeBSD 3.5 system with Cyrus IMAP, MySQL database backend
(for user prefs, contacts, schedules, notes, bookmarks, etc), Postfix, and
Apache with PHP.  Just about everything was installed from /usr/ports.
TWIG has very flexible requirements:  a web server with IMAP-enabled PHP
support; an IMAP server; and a database (many are supported).

Some have suggested that it sounds complicated.  If you already have
running web and mail servers, there isn't much to it.  TWIG has many modules
besides mail, but each one can be selectively disabled if it doesn't fit
your needs.

Kenn